Presented by ALASTAIR COCKBURN
PURPOSE AND AIM
- This workshop course is generally aimed at lay folk without any formal music training or real music literacy knowledge.
- The course will be presented in a fun and informative way with easy to understand information.
- This course should be viewed as a broad music literacy overview. It is a short course and does not aim to be a complete and detailed course of study.
- The basic purpose of the course is to give the participant an overall idea of the “language” of music with the ultimate aim of enabling/equipping them to follow (read) the vocal line in a music score more accurately and to follow printed musical directions with confidence and understanding.
- Also, to give a broad overview and appreciation of various aspects of “classical” music including styles, genres, orchestral structure etc.
- Participants will have a chance to put their “learning” into practice through GROUP SINGING.
- It must be emphasised that it is not the purpose of this course to create “instant” musicians of the participants, but rather to enhance their overall appreciation and enjoyment of music in general.
DATES AND VENUES:
The workshop will be presented as a complete course of five, each approximately 1.5 hour, running from 27 February to 8 March 2018.
FEE (INCLUDING ALL PRINTED MATERIAL):
G&S paid up members: FREE; Non–G & S Members: R200 per participant.
For more information, contact Alistair Cockburn at email@example.com